dinsdag 30 oktober 2012

a piece of me part four

it's a family affair

So as usual (my family will relate to this) I have been digging up some photos and stuff from the past. I don't know what it is, but there's something about old stuff that really fascinates me. Okay so I like old junk, that's true. But for me it is about a whole lot more. Traveling in time is impossible (I assume - if you know better, please tell me!), so in order to take a glance at the past, we only have stuff, videos and photos...right? When I dig up old stuff, it's like time traveling. I wonder how life was 30, 60 or even 100 years ago. What would your daily routine be like? Would you go to school/work? What would your ambitions be in life? 
This makes for one hell of an interesting comparison: to see the difference and resemblance with our daily lives. Are we really that different since the invention of the .... (fill in the dots). I don't think so, but we do have other needs that come along with different lifestyles. If you put it like this, looking at the past is looking at the future as well. Makes you think, right? 
That's enough chit chat for now please enjoy these treasures I found of members of my family when they were younger. 

dad

mom, dad and 'little' brother

blonde dad

mom



dad

mom and 'little' brother

the city of Oude Pekela, Holland

the house of my grandmother/dad 

the city of Oude Pekela, Holland

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten